Sunday, March 4, 2012

Carrot Ribbon Salad (GAPS, Paleo, Primal, gluten Free)

-->


By Margaux
This is one of my favorite salads this time of year. It is cheerful in every way, bright in color and flavor. Truthfully, I hesitate to even call this a recipe but what the hay. I’m giving approximate quantities here but this is the kind of thing that you’ll truly want to adjust to your taste. For example, I’m a sucker for lemon so I like to use the juice from at least one large one, if not one and a half.
My vegetable peeler is serrated which I think is swell because my carrots really hang onto the dressing but your salad certainly won’t suffer for lack of serrated peeler.
Salad
Carrots- I use 5-6 medium sized carrots for 2 healthy servings.
Parsley- Italian or curly will do just fine, use as much or little as you fancy.
Dressing
Tahini (1-2 Tbsp)
Lemon juice (about one lemon)
Salt (a pinch or two)
Olive oil (1-2 Tbsp)
Fresh Garlic (optional, about 1 clove finely chopped)
Method
Salad: Peel your carrots, and keep on peeling until you have a big ol’ heap of carrot ribbons in your salad bowl. Chop your preferred quantity of parsley as finely or roughly as you prefer, add to the carrots. 
Dressing: Combine ingredients in a jar, put a lid on it and shake it like you mean it. Pour over carrots, toss, and dig in.
P.S. I ended up adding sliced avocado to this salad and it was super!

No comments:

Post a Comment