Thursday, March 15, 2012

Succulent Steak Salad (GAPS, Paleo, Primal, gluten Free)


 By Kristen

I have a love hate relationship with salad. On the one hand it's delicious and nutrient-packed. On the other hand it is frequently the only thing on the menu I can order when I go out to eat, and there's all the negative connotations associated with salad and dieting women. Just looking at these pictures of Women Laughing Alone with Salad is enough to make one want to forgo salad forever. The problem is I just can't quit salad. It must run in my genes, my parents don't think any meal is complete without it.

The Goods:

2 Lbs thin grass fed steak (I used rib eye)
5 oz salad mix
2 avocados, sliced
1 jar salsa
1/2 bunch cilantro, copped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1/4-1/2 red onion, chopped

Dressing:

1-1 1/2 squeezed limes
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon cumin

I am not going to patronize you by pretending you don't know how to make a salad. Just remember to cook your steak perfectly. To do so get a digital meat thermometer and listen to Mark Sisson.

Makes 4 entree size salads

No comments:

Post a Comment