Who is Murray? I have no idea, but I had the inexplicable urge to rhyme with curry. As you know rhyming curry with hurry has been overused.
This delish dish is made in a slow cooker and has a unique flavor which can be attributed the the integration of Indian curry spices and coconut milk.
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground tumeric
- 1 teaspoon Celtic salt
- 2 inch cube of ginger, chopped
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs,or whatever cuts you prefer
- 2 cans coconut milk, Aroy-D is GAPs legal & found in Asian grocers
- 1 cup frozen peas
- chopped green onions for garnish
- 1 quart chicken bone broth
- Optional: 4 Thai peppers, chopped
- Optional: 1 small head cauliflower "rice" (shredded in the food processor)
Put all ingredients except the cauliflower in your slow cooker. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Stir once or twice if you are around, otherwise forget about it. If you are adding cauliflower rice put it in for the last hour of cooking.